In episode 16 of The Robby Row Show I am accompanied by Michael Richards who has close to 20 years in the strength training business for athletes. Mike owns and operates a very successful training facility in Benton, AK called Elite Athletic Performance.. now if that doesn’t get you fired up I don’t know what will.
Mike and I dive into all things strength training. Touching on subjects ranging from being elite in all things to the evolution of baseball. I will post the show notes below but just know we freestyled most of this podcast (usually the best kinds of podcasts). You can find Mike on the following social media platforms:
Special thanks to Michael Richards for coming on the show this morning! Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!
If you haven’t already please subscribe to this podcast!
AND if you really love me, give me a solid review! Thanks!!
The Robby Row Show – Episode 16
Introduction of Guest Michael Richards
Where you from?
What got you into Strength Training?
What made you want to teach it?
Why do you love it?
Evolution of Strength Training
* More drug free athletes and yet we are seeing the highest home run totals and hardest throwing pitchers we’ve ever seen. How much does strength training have to do with this?
* Why do you believe pitchers are throwing harder than ever in todays day n age?
* What is your experience with training baseball players? Is strength a direct correlation to performance?
* How much thought of injury prevention goes into the programs you develop for your athletes?
Types of Training
* Why is it important to individualize each and everyone of your athletes programs?
* Should High School Kids strength train?
* Are you a fan of Med-Ball training? Weighted baseballs?
* How can we manipulate on field energy outputs in the weight room?
* “How can you self screen and create your own workouts?”
* “What’s more important, strength or mobility?”
* “Is it possible to strengthen UCL?”
Where can the listeners find you?
Self Screening Test – Assessing Joint Hypermobility | The Ehlers Danlos Society : The …
EAP Website – Welcome – Elite Sports Performance, LLC
Robby Rowland – Host
Instagram – robbyrow12
Twitter – @RobbyRow_12
YouTube – Robby Rowland
Website – www.TheRobbyRowShow.com